6Days Ndutu Safari Itinerary
At A Glance:
- This tour starts and ends in Arusha at Kilimanjaro International Airport or Arusha Airport. Alternatively, this tour can start and end in Dar es Salaam or Nairobi and we can book internal flights on request
- This tour is a private safari and run exclusively for you and can depart any day
- This tour is only available during the exclusive wildebeest season from the 1st July to the 31st October 2017 and we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment
- This tour offers mid-range accommodation
- This tour accepts children of all ages and discounts apply for children 0-15 years old with further discounts for families sharing triple/quad rooms
- Experience the calving season of the great wildebeest migration in Ndutu
- Search for the Big 5 in the Ngorongoro Crater
- Meet the Maasai and learn about this nomadic tribe’s culture, beliefs and traditions
- Enjoy sundowners by the campfire and dinner under the African sky
Day by Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Arusha
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will be met by Original Masai Tanzania representative and transferred to your hotel where the remainder of the day is at leisure – rest in your room, enjoy a swim in the pool or explore Arusha and the surrounding areas on one of our day tours, the choice is yours.
Overnight – Outpost, Arusha
Upgrade Your Accommodation – Upgrade to the 4-star Ilboru Safari Lodge or the 5-star Arusha Hotel or Mount Meru Hotel
Day 2: Ndutu (B, L, D)
This morning you will travel to Ndutu which is part of the lower Serengeti and one of Africa’s premier game parks. Driving through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area toward the Serengeti National Park you will begin to experience the vastness of this territory and marvel at the multitude of animal and bird life while cruising through this acacia spotted savannah.
You will visit a Maasai Village in the Ngorongoro Highlands where you will meet the Elders, Warriors, women and children and learn about the culture, beliefs and traditions of Tanzania’s last nomadic tribe.
The Serengeti is Tanzania’s oldest and most popular national park and is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Serengeti is a year-round destination and each season has its own special highlight with the most famous being the annual wildebeest migration, a once in a lifetime experience.
You will game drive enroute before arriving into Ndutu in time for a half day game drive.
Overnight – Mbugani Tented Camp, Ndutu
Day 3: Ndutu (B, L, D)
Today you will venture deeper into Ndutu where you will see the great wildebeest migration. December to March is the calving season when the wildebeest and zebra give birth to their offspring and it is highly likely you will see a live birth. This is also an excellent time to see predator action as lion and leopards prey on the young and vulnerable calves.
Overnight – Mbugani Tented Camp, Ndutu
Day 4: Ndutu (B, L, D)
Today you will enjoy another full day game drive as you travel between Ndutu and Central Serengeti.
Today you have the flexibility to create your own itinerary – spend another full day in the Ndutu before driving to the Central Serengeti or enjoy a half day game drive in the Ndutu and a half day game drive in the Central – the choice is yours.
Overnight – Tortilis Camp, Serengeti National Park
Day 5: Ngorongoro Crater (B, L, D)
Today you will be rewarded with a full day game drive in the stunning Ngorongoro Crater, which became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979 and is one of the only places on earth where mankind and wild animals co-exist is harmony.
The Ngorongoro Crater is famous for Africa’s best game viewing as there is an ever present abundance of wildlife due to the permanent water supply on the crater floor. Upon arrival at the Crater’s rim you will descend 610 meters into the Crater where your safari truly begins. Spot the endangered black rhino, wildebeest, buffalo, zebra, eland, Grant’s and Thomson’s gazelle and of course, giant tusked elephants. The Crater also has the largest known population of lions and you will also find leopards, cheetahs as well as scavengers such as spotted hyenas, jackals and rare wild dogs. Over 500 species of birds have been recorded within the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. These include white pelican and flamingos.
Overnight – Outpost Lodge, Arusha
Day 6: Arusha (B)
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.